1. No insurance policy or coverage of any kind is provided in connection with this lease.
2. All equipment leased from Sharp's Outfitters, LLC remains the property of the firm and must be returned in the same condition as when it was received.
3. Lessee must pay for loss or damage to all equipment rented (up to $500.00 each). Lessee must pay for the theft or loss of any equipment while in his/her possession.
4. Sharp's Outfitters, LLC assumes that the lessee knows the hazards of the water and that he/she operates any and all equipment to negotiate such hazards.
5. Canoes will not be tied together or used on the water before sunrise or after sunset.
6. In leasing equipment and camping, the lessee assumes all risks and responsibility for damages, loss or injury, whether to persons or property, for the lessee's possession and use of the leased equipment. Lessee further agrees to indemnify Sharp's Outfitters, LLC and hold them harmless from any loss, expense, damages, claims, action or cause of action arising directly or indirectly from the lease of said equipment/camping. Lessee agrees Sharp's Outfitters, LLC and employees shall be free from all liabilities and claims for damages and/or suits for or by reason of any injury, injuries, or death to any person or persons or property of any kind whatsoever.
7. 100% deposit is due within 10 working days after reservations have been made. You must give us 14 days notice in the event of cancellation in which you will be issued a "rain check" that must be used during the current season. Refunds will not be allowed.
This authorization is issued upon the express condition that the United States, it's agents and employees shall be free from all liabilities and claims for damages and/or suits for or by reason of any injury, injuries, or death to any person or persons or property of any kind whatsoever, whether to the person or property of the Sharp's Outfitters, LLC, it's agents or employees, or third parties from any cause or causes whatsoever while in or upon said premises or any part thereof during the term of this authorization or occasioned by any occupancy or use of said premise or any activity carried on by the Sharp's Outfitters, LLC in connection herewith, and the Sharp's Outfitters, LLC hereby covenants and agrees to indemnify, defend, save and hold harmless the United States, it's agents, and employees from all liabilities, charges, expenses and cost on account of or by reason of any such injuries, death, liabilities, claims, suits, or losses however occurring or damages growing out of the same.
1. Every individual must have a PFD (personal floatation device) accessible and all children under 13 must wear one.
2. You are responsible for knowing your takeout location. Ask questions of your outfitter before you launch if unsure of the exact pickup location and time. Loading Areas with mile markers are signed along the river.
3. A maximum of 10 individual tubes or three giant tubes may be fastened together at any time. No more than 5 canoes/kayaks may be attached together while underway on the river.
4. River users are encouraged not to take glass bottles in the river. Visitors have been injured by stepping on broken glass.
5. Understand that cell service is limited or nonexistent in many places on the river. Phones are available at campgrounds and outfitters along the river.
6. Plan ahead and be prepared. Safeguard valuables in a waterproof container, carry extra food and water, wear sunscreen, have an updated weather forecast, and understand river hazards.
7. Carry your ID with you at all times. Underage drinking will not be tolerated and having your ID with you will save time dealing with river rangers if you look under 21.
8. Alcohol is not permitted on Fort Niobrara National Wildlife Refuge (from the Cornell Bridge launch site to just west of Berry Bridge and may not be consumed at Brewer Bridge Landing).
9. Most of the land along the river is private property. Stay off the banks unless you have permission to be there. Public access areas are signed.
10. Pack out your garbage and recyclables. Secure your gear. Dumpsters and recycling stations are located at public access points and outfitter landings. Throwing you garbage into your National Scenic River is an automatic citation from river rangers. This includes cigarette butts.
Respect other river users who are expecting a peaceful float trip. Loud, obnoxious conduct, nudity and harassment of other groups are the best way to gain a river ranger’s attention. We want you to enjoy your trip, but please be considerate of others and help us take care of this special place.